welcome

this blog is by me for me. Advice and comments will always be accepted and appreciated as I know I am not alone or the first to embark on this journey of self.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

reunion killed me...

                                                   today was "one of those days" you know them. the days you want to run away or you pray its all a nightmare and any minute I'm going to wake up and it was all just a dream. Its days like this that i flip through my play list and try to find a song that can adjust my attitude. some days its Ozzy, and other days its Tim Mcgraw. all depends on the mood.Ive given up trying to figure out what type of music describes me. because like me it just doesn't make sense.

this is the song that inspired me today. and before you think i have totally lost it. No it isn't a song about suicide. its about killing the old me and reinventing the new and improved me.

the reason I say reunion killed "me" is because basically it did. 18 months ago if I was asked to describe myself I would have said..wife..mother of 2..community activist. high school sports booster mom. girls soccer coach. The picture of a perfect mom. It all looked good on paper. besides nobody knew what was hiding in the shadows. That is until that day when i got the call that killed me.
I was no longer who I appeared to be. the simplest of questions now caused my head to spin. simple things like how many children do you have ?  now had to have well thought out answers.  my life rapidly went from very relaxed and simple to emotional and complex. The old me was dead and the new me had emerged. a bit beaten and battered but hopefully fixable.

No comments:

Post a Comment